Look forward to greater deals, discounts and wider product offerings from airport retailers and homegrown brands from 25 to 28 March 2021
SEPANG – The KLIA Crazy Sale is back following its two successful events held last year. The event is set to take place from 25 to 28 March 2021 on Level 5, Terminal 1, KL International Airport (KLIA). Offering discounts up to 70%, the sale will feature exclusive duty-absorbed travel retail products ranging from perfumes and cosmetics, chocolates and confectionery, fashion apparels and accessories, and lifestyle products such as electronic gadgets from 8 major airport retailers including Eraman, Valiram, Dimensi Eksklusif, Heinemann, Sprint Cass, DR Group, Karyaneka and Retail One. This time, the KLIA Crazy Sale will also feature the debut of local, homegrown brand Batik Boutique at the airport-wide marketplace.
According to Hani Ezra Hussin, senior general manager of Commercial Services at Malaysia Airports, the event is part of Malaysia Airports’ continuous efforts to assist retailers whilst international borders remain closed. She said, “The two KLIA Crazy Sale events last year received positive response as we made airport shopping accessible to the public without the need to have a boarding pass. We welcomed over 19,000 shoppers and saw average daily sales increased to 18% from the first to second sale and this is a testament to the wide offerings at our airports, as well as the great deals that the public can continue to expect from us. This is also in line with our commercial reset strategy to transform our airports into more than just transportation hubs, but also as shopping and lifestyle destinations.”
Apart from the offerings available by airport retailers, KLIA Crazy Sale will also feature local artisanal brands that are part of the HIMPUN Online initiative on shopMYairports; Malaysia’s first travel-retail e-commerce platform which aim to diversify product offerings available on the platform and showcase the very best of Malaysia.
For shoppers who prefer to shop from home, the KLIA Crazy Sale will also be available on the shopMYairports platform during the same duration.
KLIA Crazy Sale Event Information
Date: 25th March to 28th March 2021
Venue: Stage Area, Level 5, Departure Hall, KL International Airport (KLIA)
Time: 10am - 6pm (25 & 28 March) | 10am - 8pm (26 & 27 March)
During the event, shoppers can enjoy various perks. Shoppers who spend a minimum of RM250 in a single or maximum two accumulated receipts are entitled to:
● Participate in the Shop & Win Contest
● Free parking (not including preferred parking and Touch and Go entry)
● Receive one (1) RM20 shopMYairports voucher (with min. spend of RM50 on shopMYairports)
Those who spend a minimum of RM500 in a single or maximum two accumulated receipts will get an added benefit of receiving a Malaysia Airports shopping bag.
Shop & Win Contest
● Shoppers who spend a minimum of RM250 in a single or maximum two receipts are entitled to participate in the Shop & Win Contest
● To participate, the shopper must scan the QR code displayed on the sales receipt, digital panels, shopMYairports social media platforms or directly via the link http://bit.ly/2021KLIACrazySale, and fill in the details required
● 5 lucky shoppers will receive RM150 shopMYairports vouchers daily
Safety measures at KLIA Crazy Sale
Guests attending this event will have no cause for worry as safety measures at the airport have been very well put in place. All public areas at the airport are sanitised as scheduled. To ensure the safety of shoppers, guests must go through thermal scanning, scan the MySejahtera QR code, wear face masks and practise physical distancing. Only a limited number of shoppers is allowed in the event area at any one time. Meanwhile, Malaysia Airports would like to remind all guests attending the event to adhere to the implemented safety measures and protocols for the benefit of all. Kindly take note of the following:
1) It is compulsory to always wear a face mask.
2) Children below the age of 13 years old are not allowed in the event area.
3) Be mindful and practise physical distancing.
4) Bring your essential items only i.e., phone and wallet. Large bags will be sealed before entering.
5) No food and beverage are allowed.
6) Last entry will be 30 minutes before closing time.
For more information and updates, kindly follow our official Malaysia Airports social media platforms as follows:
• Facebook at Malaysia Airports;
• Twitter at @MY_airports;
• Instagram at @malaysiaairports; and
• shopMYairports at www.shopMYairports.com.my