SEPANG – Malaysia Airports is glad to welcome travellers back to its network of 39 airports today with the lifting of local and international travel restrictions. Despite low passenger volume, airports nationwide remained in operations throughout the pandemic and had used the lull period to ensure a safe airport experience in anticipation of travel resumption. Apart from the implementation of safety measures to restore air travel confidence, facilities have also been upgraded to further enhance the travelling experience. Passengers can look forward to better airports as we have managed to achieve several noteworthy successes during the pandemic. Among others, KL International Airport (KLIA) and Langkawi International Airport (LGK) are currently ranked the world’s best airport in their respective categories in the global Airport Service Quality (ASQ) survey for Q2 2021 by Airports Council International (ACI).
According to the group chief executive officer of Malaysia Airports, Dato’ Mohd Shukrie Mohd Salleh, “For the past year, airport readiness has been a key factor in ensuring that our services stay relevant, and standards remain high. Our staff at all airports are very well prepared to operate at optimum levels of efficiency as we welcome back passengers. We have ensured full compliance to COVID-19 hygiene measures with five international airports which are KLIA, LGK, Penang, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching certified with the global ACI Airport Health Accreditation (AHA). We have also achieved a 98% vaccination rate for all staff nationwide in our bid to return to normalcy. Passengers can be fully assured of their safety as our airport operations return to full swing. We are expecting a surge in passenger movements in the coming months; therefore, we will heighten all SOPs for a continuous and sustainable recovery for the aviation industry. Our commitment remains in hosting joyful connections for passengers, be it for business or leisure.”
All 39 airports across the country continue to practise COVID-19 safety measures such as enhanced sanitisation and disinfection exercises, mandatory thermal screening and usage of face masks, sneeze guard screens, sanitiser stations, and physical distancing reminders among others. Our airports also remain guided by the government and relevant authorities i.e., Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Health, National Disaster Management Agency, on the latest SOPs to protect both passengers and the airport community while curbing the pandemic.
In ensuring a smooth and safe journey, below is a travel advisory for passengers:
1) Please ensure that you are fully vaccinated according to the government regulated timeframe (i.e., completion is only counted 14 days after the second jab)
2) Please check on your travel eligibility and requirements for any additional documents or medical test results (I.e., COVID-19 swab test) based on the latest SOPs announced by the government and airline requirements prior to arriving at the airport
3) You must be classified as “Low Risk” and “Casual Contact with No Symptoms” status under the MySejahtera app
4) Passengers under 18 need to be accompanied by parents or guardians who have been fully vaccinated
5) Please arrive at the airport earlier than usual, at least three to four hours before your flight departure time
6) Please adhere to all safety measures such as the usage of face mask and practise physical distancing at all times
For more information, please visit www.malaysiaairports.com.my or www.mkn.gov.my. To all passengers, we wish you a pleasant journey and please continue to stay safe!