Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Passenger and aircraft movements doubled in the first 9 days in July compared to the last 9 days in June
SEPANG – Air travel in Malaysia is showing further signs of recovery in the first nine days of July 2020 compared to late June 2020 as the relaxation in travel restrictions continue into the second month.
SEPANG - Since the Movement Control Order (MCO) period took effect on 18 March 2020, there have been a few cases of stranded passengers at KL International Airport (IATA Code: KUL). Some are due to the restrictions of the MCO, but some are also due to the travel bans of other destination countries. These cases mostly fall into the following categories:
SEPANG – The Board of Directors of Malaysia Airports is pleased to announce the appointment of Dato’ Mohd Shukrie Mohd Salleh as its new Group Chief Executive Office (CEO) effective from 2 March 2020.
Dato’ Mohd Shukrie first joined Malaysia Airports in May 2019 as the Chief Operating Officer. Subsequent to this, he was appointed as the Acting Group CEO in January 2020.
Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad Registers Revenue Of Rm3,868.7 Million On The Back Of A 5.1% Increase In Group Passenger Traffic In 9m19
9M19 Key Highlights
• Revenue stood at RM3,868.7 million, 7.5% higher than 9M18
• Core EBITDA for the Group increased by 8.2% to RM1,816.9 million
• Core net earnings grew 22.7% to RM507.5 million
• Passenger traffic for the Group’s network of airports grew by 5.1% to 104.6 million passengers
• Memorandum of Business Collaboration signed with Pos Aviation to facilitate airside transfer for passengers
• Strategic Partnership with Malaysia Airlines to promote Langkawi as a hub
SEPANG – Yesterday (17 October 2019) klia2 experienced an unusually long arrival immigration queue time reaching nearly two hours thus resulting in dissatisfaction among passengers and airlines. This was an isolated incident as typically the immigration clearance at klia2 is within 10 minutes on the average. Based on our observation, the utilisation of immigration counters was at 70% during the unusually long queue.